Homeowners are looking for ways to make their homes worth more in the months leading up to potentially putting them on the market. Even if you aren’t planning to move any time soon, you may want to look over changes you can make to your home to increase the value of your space while having the time to enjoy it while you are living there. Gerard Construction has a few ways to pour into your home, and we can help you every step of the way.
1. Add outdoor space. By putting in a deck, covered patio, or other outdoor space, you can increase the value of your home. According to HGTV, many homeowners see a 76% return on their investment. Additionally, this is a great space you can add on and enjoy in the cooler months we are about to enjoy.
2. Remodel your bathroom. Especially when you put money into a larger bathroom, you will increase home value. This remodeling is a better idea than adding on space as the plumbing and support needed can be cost-prohibitive, although possible. Redoing the tile and the counterwork or refreshing the other features can all be good decisions for your home.
3. New colors. Painting your home can be an easy and inexpensive way to increase home value. Doing so will make a good impression on guests and prospective buyers when they walk through your front door. Painting is also a renovation you can do in parts, working room by room, and possibly on your own if you enjoy painting.
4. Flexibility in rooms. While you may love having a designated craft room with plenty of space to store all your favorite items or a gym space with plenty of mirrors and easy-to-clean floors, the more specialized a room is, the harder it may be to market to prospective buyers. Use your space according to your needs, but think about versatility like hardwood floors, plenty of plugs, and options you can switch around as your needs and the needs of others come up.
5. Kitchen change. The kitchen can be a huge investment, but it is also one of the top places a home can gain or lose value. Making sure appliances and hardware are updated and that your colors are neutral are great ways to keep the value high. If you are looking for a specific design or color scheme, use your accessories to put your taste in the space.
6. Siding help. Having old and tired-looking siding can prevent your home from looking as valuable as it should before anyone even leaves their car. You can increase your value by replacing siding and painting the exterior of your home.
7. Extra space. Extra space is a major renovation that will certainly require you to call our Gerard Construction team for assistance. Adding space or renovating a large space like your attic will need plans and expertise, but additional square footage will add more for you and allow you to see the value of your home increase as well.
8. Minor changes. There are always minor changes able to be made on your weekends or in your spare time to increase your home value slightly. Light fixtures, faucets, doorknobs, hardware, and other little touches can add up to make an impressive change.
To enlist Gerard Construction’s help in your home renovation, whether for your own needs or to increase the value for listing, call us today. We have the team ready to help with drafting plans, executing the build, and designing the space inside.